Autumn means Orange comes back in every form.
Mother Nature gave us Carrots, Sweet Potatoes and my personal favourite – Pumpkin to upgrade our kitchen Game in this lovely season.
Where I live, it recently got so cold, that we needed to switch on the heating made some tea and a hot-water bottle but it wasn’t getting better.
So we decided on this delish and easy Fall Recipe which made our bodies and hearts warmer.
If you love Alfredo Pasta, or pasta in general – you will absolutely love this one.
It is the perfect dish for a dinner with friends or also perfect to eat while you are binge watching series (We currently started re-waching Friends – clear recommendation)
So what are you waiting for? LETS GET COOKING.
Pumpkin Broccoli Roasted Alfredo Pasta
Recipe type: Main Meal
• 1 medium pumpkin (I used Hokkaido)
• 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 12 oz cooked penne pasta
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Place quartered pumpkin with the broccoli on a greased baking sheet. Season with enough salt and pepper and drizzle over the olive oil. Leave veggies in the oven for 25 minutes.
2. Blend the pumpkin until smooth and set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter then saute garlic in butter until brown (1-2 minutes). Whisk flour into butter, then slowly whisk in cream and milk until smooth. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until thickened. Also put in the Parmesan.
4. Return to saucepan and stir cooked pasta and roasted broccoli into sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle parsley or any other herbs on top.